IMPORTANT: To ensure that your decals last for as long as possible on your vehicle please follow instructions carefully:
Please read these introduction steps before reading the actual instructions. Inspect decals straight away when recieved to ensure no damage from delivery. Store decals at room tempurature, away fromm sunlight and heaters / radiators.
LAY THE DECAL OUT ON A FLAT SMOOTH SURFACE AND GENTLY RUB THE APPLICATION TAPE ONTO THE DECAL – (the application tape is very low tack to help application – it naturally starts to lift off – it will be binned at the end of the process but needs to be stuck to the decal for fitting
1. Offer up and Check Size before fitting.
2. Fit during the cool part of the day (but not cold).
3. DO NOT fit in direct sunlight heat on a hot day – the vinyl could strech and the glue will be too soft to harden.
4. AVOID WASHING WITH A JETWASH OR CAR WASH BRUSHES.
5. Do not PREWASH WITH A VEHICLE SHAMPOO that contains wax.
6. After washing CLEAN BODYWORK WITH A NON AMMONIA CLEANER.
7. Avoid wrapping around acrhes to ensure long life.
8. Indent when Trimming by 1mm or 2mm – It looks factory and looks professional!
9. Make sure that the bubbles are wiped out during inital contact with body work and immediatly after the application tape is removed (The glue cures and hardens within 20-30 minutes).
10. When removing bubbles, gently tease them toward the edge of the decal.
11. Make sure you have a nice cup of tea, read the below instructions carefully and do not rush!
Any lifting of the edge of the decal can cause the decal to lift off the surface of your vehicle which will cause peeling.
1. It is recommended you install your vinyl decal in a garage or building. 2. Room and installation surface temperature is recommended to be between 10°C (50°F) and 20°C (68°F) to reduce stretching or other un-desired effects. 3. Do not store your vinyl decal in direct sunlight.
– Installation squeegee (a credit card will do!) – Masking tape – Glass cleaner (non AMMONIA BASED) – Paper towel – Measuring tape or ruler. – Scissors or Razor
Remove all dirt, grease and/or wax from the surface before you install your vinyl decal. This includes wax from car washes, turtle wax, rain-x, compound, etc. Your new vinyl decal will NOT adhere properly if you do not have a clean installation surface.
Caution! Do not use ammonia based cleaner. It will out gas for a couple of weeks and create bubbles under your vinyl decal.
If you do not feel confident to fit your new Beatnik decal any local body shop will do it for you,
Inspect your new vinyl decal for any shipping damages – please do not fit decals that you think have an issue. In this case please contact us – we are here to help!
Using a squeegee on a table, press firmly over the whole decal assuring the pre-mask (transparent application tape) is properly stuck to the vinyl decal. Once finished, place your decal on the surface (application tape up and backing paper down).
Place pieces of masking tape on top of the decal “pre-mask application tape” and surface to hold the decal in place.
Measure with a ruler or measuring tape to make sure your decal is properly lined up. Once in place, put a long piece of tape across the decal in the center as shown below. Remove the masking tape from one side of the decal and vehicle surface creating a hinged ‘flap’.
Raise the hinged ‘flap’, and begin to peel the “liner” off the decal (NOT THE PRE-MASK – Application tape) exposing the adhesive side of the decal. Only peel the “liner” from the decal until you reach the masking tape that crosses the whole decal.
DO NOT ALLOW THE STICKY PART OF THE DECAL TO TOUCH THE SURFACE YOU ARE APPLYING TO.
Using scissors or a razor, cut away the peeled “liner” close to the long piece of masking tape that crosses the decal. Do not allow the scissors or razor to touch the decal as it may stick accidentally peeling the decal off the “pre-mask”.
Using your squeegee and starting in the middle where your masking tape crosses the decal, begin to apply the sticky side of the decal to the surface. Use horizontal strokes to apply the decal equally. Continue smoothing out the decal from top to bottom with long horizontal strokes assuring the decal is securely adhered to the surface.
Place a long piece of masking tape parallel to the current piece of masking tape that crosses the decal on the decal side that you just adhered to the surface. Then remove the original long piece of masking tape that crossed the decal. This will secure the decal so you can peel off the final piece of “liner”. Also remove the small corner pieces of masking tape. Slowly peel the final piece of “liner” off exposing the adhesive side of the decal. Once again do not allow the sticky part of the decal to touch the surface.
Using your squeegee and starting in the middle where your masking tape crosses the decal, begin to apply the final sticky side of the decal to the surface. Use horizontal strokes to apply the decal equally. Continue smoothing out the decal from top to bottom with long horizontal strokes assuring the decal is securely adhered to the surface.
Once completed leave your decal for 15mins, go make yourself a nice cup of tea. Once you’ve come back to it you can simply peel off the application tape and stand back to admire your handy work. Please note when trimming to gaps in the door panel it works really nicely to trim 1-2mm before the end of the panel – looks PRO and will make you deals last longer.
We hope you are as happy with your beatnik decal as we were designing them for you.
Be sure to send us any lovely pics you take and if it makes it onto our customer gallery page we’ll send you a voucher code as a thank you. Peace out!